Pyongyang Informatics Centre
A shop and office complex featuring a modern, courtyard-centred design.
- The architecture of this building is unique for Pyongyang.
Best times to visit
- Part of the late 80s/early 90s music video for North Korean pop song “Bonfire” was shot in this building.
- Features the offices of several banks, trading companies, a café, restaurant, and shop.
- A popular hang out spot for trendy youth in the early 90s.
- A local software development company is based here. They’ve developed word processers, computer aided design programs, translation software, typing practice software and more.
- An article on the software developers based here:
Architecture, Shop, Bank