The Tongil Tours 6-step booking process
The following booking process outlines how to travel to North Korea with Tongil Tours. Let us know if you have any questions.
1–DO YOU QUALIFY?
We are not allowed to bring journalists or professional photographers into the country. If we do, it might put our DPRK contacts and friends in a difficult position. If you would like to enter as a photographer or a journalist, we can apply for the designated visa. Please contact us for more information.
SOUTH KOREAN PASSPORT HOLDER?
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate South Korean Passport holders. However, Korean-Australians and Korean-Americans are welcome. Also, those of Korean ethnicity from any other country are welcome. Please contact us with any questions here.
Other than these two disqualifications, we would love to have you!
2–CHOOSE YOUR STYLE and TOUR
Tongil Tours offers FOUR styles of travel. Choose tours from the category that fits your needs and goals best.
• CLASSIC JOURNEYS – With Classic Journeys, you can be sure that the itinerary highlights the very most important spots in North Korea everytime.
• ACTIVE ADVENTURES – Active Adventures are for those who would like to experience sport or activites that are more physical, such as the Pyongyang Marathon, hiking, biking, surfing, etc.
• ACADEMIC & LEARNING – Tours that focus on learning in the DPRK (Pyongyang Chosonmal Korean Language School) or private delegations that focus on aid or engagement.
• PRIVATE TOURS – are exciting Northeast Asia and/or DPRK journeys you and your group put together working with expert Tongil Tours partners and staff. Private tours are tailored precisely to your needs and objectives. Individual travellers are welcome to create private tours. Please contact us here to start the process of building your private tour today.
3–Application + passport
Start the booking process by going to the webpage for your chosen tour; click on the “BOOK NOW” button on the right sidebar. You will be taken to the application page. Please be careful to fill out application completely, and follow instructions closely. You will be directed to upload the following documents:
- A scan of your passport information page
- One colour scan of a passport-style photo with white background
4–Pay deposit + Sign Terms & Conditions
Upon notification that your application is approved, you must pay your deposit to secure your spot. A deposit of €500 euro, or the equivalent in AUD, USD, or RMB, can be wired to our account. We will send wiring information after approval of your application.
Sign our terms and conditions and send an electronic version to email@example.com. Put your name, and “Terms & Conditions” in subject line, please.
Congratulations! Upon Tongil Tours’ receipt of your deposit and signed Terms and Conditions, you are officially booked on your journey with Tongil Tours! We distribute DPRK visas to travellers on the day of travel to DPRK, and there is nothing more for you to do related to the DPRK visa.
However, now it is time to take care of your China travel plans and purchase mandatory travel insurance…
5–PREPARE FOR YOUR TRAVEL TO CHINA + Get Chinese visa
You are responsible for your travel to and from Beijing, China, and also lodging in Beijing prior to the trip official commencement. As well, you are responsible for your Chinese visa. We recommend that you start the Chinese visa process immediately upon booking and paying your deposit, as China visa processing times can be unpredictable.
6–BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE
We require that all of our travellers have travel insurance. We recommend World Nomads.
That’s our simple process! However, please let us know if you have further questions. We are glad to answer any question here.